Deadline : 20th July 2018
Deadline : 20th July 2018
for ASCN UK Annual Conference 2018
- ASCN UK Conference 2019 DatesWe are delighted to share that the ASCN UK Annual Conference 2019 will take place from Sunday 15th to Tuesday 17th September 2019, at the ICC Wales, Newport. More information will follow in due course. Read more
- Advanced Stoma Care Module at University of East Anglia now open for applications!The long awaited Level 7 online Advanced Stoma Care Module at the University of East Anglia is now open for applications! The online course will commence in January 2019 and can be taken as a stand-alone option offering 40 credits. To apply or register your interest, please click here. If you are already considering a postgraduate certificate in Read more
- ASCN UK Advanced Stoma Care Module at the University of East AngliaAdvanced Stoma Care Module at the University of East Anglia We are pleased to report fantastic progress with the development of the new online 40-credit level 7 module ‘Advanced Stoma Care’ with the University of East Anglia (UEA). The module, taken together with the core module ‘Using Evidence to Lead and Enhance Practice’ Read more
We are a new national organisation in the UK, founded 2013. We remain a charitable trust (initially established in 1995) and regulated by the Charities Commission. Charity Number: 1043897. This new organisation replaces World Council of Enterostomal Therapists UK (WCET UK); however we will continue to Work in collaboration with our international association – World Council of Enterostomal Therapists (WCET) www.wcetn.org. We have an elected committee and trustees.
- Helping the development of stoma care nursing practice
- Encourage the development of evidence based stoma care nursing
- Encourage collaboration amongst stoma care nurse specialists nationally
The new professional organisation offers the opportunity for stoma care nurses to become members and will provide an expert clinical resource for both new and experienced stoma specialist nurses.
The relaunch will enable recognition by employers, Trusts, patient organisations and individuals with a stoma.
ASCN UK supports its members by:
– Sharing expert clinical practice, (both nationally and internationally)
– Promoting educational and research opportunities.
– Developing and advancing the specialist knowledge required to deliver expert health care to individuals with a stoma
We will continue to hold annual national conferences. Please click here for further information on how to submit an abstract and to register.