Abstract Submission is now closed!
Notification to Authors: Friday 13th July 2018
We are delighted to announce that abstract submission and registration for the ASCN UK Annual Conference 2018, being held at the International Convention Centre (ICC) Birmingham is now open.
The ASCN UK Annual Conference is the only National Conference dedicated to Stoma Care nursing in the UK. Furthermore, the content of the programme is largely directed by you – our Stoma Care Nurses.
The Annual Conference is your opportunity to share the great work you are all undertaking in your departments. We encourage abstracts on all Stoma care topics, but in keeping with this year’s conference theme ‘Breaking Barriers and Enhancing Relationships,’ topics related to this are encouraged.
For example: (1) How you may have overcome barriers when broaching conversations related to sexuality. (2) Those with communication difficulties including dementia. (3) The vulnerable adult or perhaps mental health issues.
We continue to welcome abstracts for the other topics:
- Setting up, running and developing nurse clinics
- Redesigning services and ways of working for quality / service improvement
- Developing competence, nursing leadership and working at an advanced level of practice
- Developing protocols and guidelines to support speciality practice
- Nurse led follow-up / nurse prescribing
- Engaging the multidisciplinary team, including consultant / GP support
- Patient safety and improving quality of care and productivity
- Audit and evaluation of service
- Evaluation of enhanced recovery
- Case studies
- Educational Programmes
All submissions will be presented to the committee anonymously for review and shortlisting and authors will be notified by Friday 13th July.
The ASCN UK Annual Conference 2018 is COMPLIANT with Ethical MedTech Conference Vetting System. For more information, please click here.