Current Area Representatives – as at 11th January 2018
The role of the Area Representative:
1. Obtain the views of area membership and disseminate back to ASCN UK Committee/Secretary as appropriate.
2. Attend and represent views of area membership at three times a year Area Representatives meeting, at AGM during conference or send to secretary for inclusion in their absence.
3. To actively participate within the strategic activities of the association.
4. Represent ASCN UK and be available to participate in study days, meetings, educational courses and project work or project groups.
5. Promote and raise the profile of the association and encourage membership of local stoma nurses to ASCN UK.
6. To contact/welcome new members as informed by association secretariat In Conference.
7. Liaise with Honorary officers regarding area memberships.
8. Endeavour to meet with area members during the year (e.g. via local SCN forums).
9. Represent and encourage local members to prepare articles for submission to any relevant journal and present at ASCN UK Conference.
10. Area representatives will be responsible for judging the posters at conference. Evaluation forms will be distributed within reps delegate bags at registration desk, thus enabling more time for judging process.
11. Area representatives will offer feedback during conference to the chair of each session as to which presenter they feel should be considered for best oral presentation.
12. Area representatives will continue to sell raffle tickets at the conference and be made aware of the conference charity.
13. Encourage fund raising in liaison with Honorary Officers.
14. When term of office due for completion, identify and forward name of replacement to ASCN UK Secretary.
15. Liaise with other area members and Honorary Officers regarding future Area Representative positions and hand over information when term of office completed