The formation of a stoma can be a distressing and painful experience for a patient. The stoma care nurse plays a vital role in ensuring they are well informed and after care is managed appropriately. The BJN Stoma Care Nurse of the Year award champions these nurses and the excellent work they are doing in looking after these patients.
For this category, please consider:
- What has this nurse contributed to stoma care nursing?
- How has this contribution impacted patient care?
- How can this contribution benefit stoma care nursing as a whole?
- What evidence (if any) is there to support this contribution?
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Has the candidate has achieved something special in her/his nursing career and hasit benefited patient care?
- Does the candidate demonstrate a particular individual approach to patients using the essentials of compassionate care and best evidence?
- Has the candidate introduced or developed an innovative or creative idea that clearly shows her/his nursing care has gone that little bit further than just ‘doing a good job’?
- Does the candidate’s subject area for the award fit into the appropriate category?
- Is there written evidence or a description of the nurse’s achievement that can be backed up by further evidence and proof of implementation?
Click here to enter your nomination, entries will close on 19th November 2019.
Awards Ceremony will take place on Friday 20th March 2020.