Jean Preston Fund
Click here to download the Jean Preston Fund Application Form (Word File).
It is the vision for ASCN (UK) to promote activities which will assist members engaged in enterostomal therapy to increase their knowledge and enhance their contribution to the subject of stoma therapy, with an emphasis on a direct benefit to those people living with a stoma. The term endorsement refers to the approval by ASCN (UK) for projects relating to stoma care that demonstrate quality of care. Projects include study days, standards of care, care pathways, educational resources and protocols.
The role of the ASCN (UK) is to ensure that projects seeking an endorsement are relevant to stoma care nursing and will demonstrate an impact on stoma care nursing practice. Essentially a project can be anything the ASCN (UK) committee deem meets the requirements of growth and development within stoma care nursing.
Click here to download the application form (Word Format)
- Helping the development of stoma care nursing practice.
- Encourage the development of evidence based stoma care nursing.
- Encourage collaboration amongst stoma care nurse specialists nationally.
Guidelines for applicants
Applications for the endorsement of projects will be accepted by email only. The application should include the following sub-headings;
- Title of project – this should accurately reflect the content of the project
- Author(s) of the project – including contact names and email addresses. Lead/correspondence author should be named first.
- Project outline
- Aims and objectives
- Key learning points
- Project completed – protocol, care pathway, standards of care etc
- Further reading
- Framework for evaluation/reflection
Please use the application form as the front cover to your application and return to:
The ASCN (UK) committee will review the application within 6 weeks of receipt. Applicants will be notified by email with; accept, revise and re-submit or reject.
Successful applications will be sent a certificate of the achievement and will be asked to use the ASCN (UK) logo with the following statement on any documentation pertaining to the endorsed project.
This project has been endorsed by the Association of Stoma Care Nurses (UK).