Collaborative Community Working – promoting effective prescribing practices Masterclass
As the spotlight on ostomy prescription costs intensifies, this ASCN UK Masterclass will provide the unique opportunity of hearing how Specialist Nurses across the UK have worked with CCG’s to establish collaborative working practices.
We are delighted to announce the following Speakers for the Masterclass:
- Toni Johnson, Coloplast Nurse Manager, West Essex
- Catherine Murray, Lead Nurse, Glouestershire
- Gillian Down, Nurse Consultant Stoma Care – NHS BNSSG Clinical Commissioning Group
- Maddie White, Colorectal Nursing Team Leader – University Hospitals Birmingham
- Giovanni Cinque, General Manager – Colostomy UK
- Amanda Smith, Specialist Stoma Care Nurse – Salford Royal
The chair for the day will be Kevin Hodges, Membership Engagement Manager- British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA)
This masterclass aims to:
- Highlight examples of effective communication and collaborative working skills
- Demonstrate how improvements in patient outcomes can be achieved without compromising quality or care
- Evaluate how SCN’s can unite to be able to address the issue of high spend within the speciality
Date: Tuesday 14th May 2019
Timing: 9.15am to 4.00pm
Venue: Salford Royal, The Undergrad Lecture Theatre, Barnes Building, Stott Lane, Salford, M6 8HD
ASCN UK Member – Free
Non-Member – £20.00 per person*
Please note priority will be given to those who are a registered SCN.
*If you are not yet a member, please click here to become a member, it is £20 per year, with benefits including free attendance at the masterclasses and a discount on ASCN UK Annual Conference.