Become a Member of ASCN UK today!
When you become a member of ASCN UK, you join with your peers across the country, to speak with one strong voice on behalf of your profession and your patients.
The membership of the Association currently represents the majority (77%) of nurses working within stoma care. Through our 18 area councils from across the UK, (England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales), ASCN UK strives to unite and represent you and our specialism of stoma care.
Our aims are to promote and maintain high standards in the practice and development of stoma care.
As a member you will have the opportunity to participate in ASCN UK and contribute to its development with access to professional advice on matters relating to all aspects of stoma care together with a wide network of contacts working in the same or a related field.
With the challenges we face within a role of the stoma care nurse; ASCN UK recognises the need to put into place opportunities for professional development. This includes participation in our Annual Conference, Master Classes, National training opportunities and project teams. For example; the production of standards and guidelines, written by your peers for you to demonstrate evidence based practice and standardise quality care, striving to improve patient outcomes.
Through the ASCN UK Website, Annual Conference, newsletter publications throughout the year and a free BJN Stoma Care supplement, the Association aims to enable you to keep up to date with relevant news and developments in the specialism of stoma care.
Benefits of Membership
- Access for networking with colleagues for educational and peer support
- ‘Voluntary’ Involvement and recognition in ASCN UK National projects to raise standards of care for your patients
- Reduced registration fees for the ASCN UK Annual Conference, providing national opportunities to present both orally and in poster format
- Members only access to the ASCN UK website – providing
- Access to online forums
- Information to national study days
- Access to peer reviewed clinical articles
- Access to apply for educational grants – Jean Preston Fund for support, Opus Bursary and Urostomy Association for research
- 3 x Free Annual copies of British Journal of Nursing Stoma Care Supplement
- Priority Free attendance to CPD accredited Master Class Study Days for Specialist Nurses by Specialist Nurses
- Twitter: @ASCNUK account to keep you up to date with information
- Access to the following: you must be logged in as a member to access these in the members area
- ASCN UK Stoma Care National Clinical Guidelines
- ASCN UK Standards and Audit Tools
ASCN UK are offering an Annual Joining Fee of £10.00 valid from the month of joining
Remember: Part of your total fee will benefit UK Stoma Care Nurses
Membership Renewal Note: When you are due to renew membership you will be emailed by In Conference with an access key which you will be required to input during the process in order to complete the renewal. We kindly ask that you do not renew your membership until you have received the reminder email from In Conference.