- CondolencesWe would like to share ASCN UK’s condolences at the sad news of the passing of Jean Preston on Friday 17th May 2019. Jean Preston (RGN, SCN,Bsc Hons), was an eminent Stoma Care Nurse who dedicated her professional career to the care of patients with a stoma. Jean worked for nearly 30 years within the Northumbria NHS Trust running both the Stoma Read more
- Congratulations to Andrew Bird on winning BJN’s Stoma Care Nurse of the YearWe would like to congratulate Andrew Bird, Nottingham University Hospitals, on his recent success at the BJN Awards. Andrew was awarded the BJN’s Stoma Care Nurse of the Year award at the awards ceremony earlier this month. ASCN UK’s Chair, Maddie White, was delighted to be there to present Andrew with his deserving award. Read more
- Colostomy UK are looking for a Finance Trustee / TreasurerColostomy UK are looking for a Finance Trustee / Treasurer. someone who has a recognised accounting qualification, bringing with them a wealth of experience. As a trustee you will give direction to our charity and along with other trustees are ultimately responsible for its activities. Please be aware this is an unpaid role, however expenses will Read more
We are a new national organisation in the UK, founded 2013. We remain a charitable trust (initially established in 1995) and regulated by the Charities Commission. Charity Number: 1043897. This new organisation replaces World Council of Enterostomal Therapists UK (WCET UK); however we will continue to Work in collaboration with our international association – World Council of Enterostomal Therapists (WCET) www.wcetn.org. We have an elected committee and trustees.
- Helping the development of stoma care nursing practice
- Encourage the development of evidence based stoma care nursing
- Encourage collaboration amongst stoma care nurse specialists nationally
The new professional organisation offers the opportunity for stoma care nurses to become members and will provide an expert clinical resource for both new and experienced stoma specialist nurses.
The relaunch will enable recognition by employers, Trusts, patient organisations and individuals with a stoma.
ASCN UK supports its members by:
– Sharing expert clinical practice, (both nationally and internationally)
– Promoting educational and research opportunities.
– Developing and advancing the specialist knowledge required to deliver expert health care to individuals with a stoma
We will continue to hold annual national conferences. Please click here for further information on how to submit an abstract and to register.